top of page

Family Petition

I-130 for a Spouse

Wedding Potpourri

Call Us Now at

(760) 542-6687

Hablamos Español

Stand Alone I-130 No attorney follow up ~$500

Full Attorney Representation ~$1,500

Documents to bring to your initial consultation:

  1. Money order or Cashier check of $535 made to U.S Department of Homeland Security

  2. Marriage Certificate

  3. Birth Certificates for both spouses

  4. If you have previously been married, bring a copy of Dissolution of Marriage Judgement

  5. 2 passport photo for both spouses

  6. Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Status for Petitioning Spouse

  7. Addresses for the past 5 years

  8. Employment information for the past 5 years



Proof of Marriage

  1. Documents showing same residence, property, and financial resources

    1. (ex. Lease, bank statements, utility bills, taxes, ect.)

  2. Affidavit from family, friends, and co-worker that support your marriage (if married for less than 5 yrs.)

  3. Wedding &/or family fotos (4-5)

  4. Children’s birth certificate

After your I-130 is approved, you may need to apply  for

adjustment of status, consular process or I-601A waiver

Adjustment of Status


Adjusting your status to a permanent resident is the process used by immigrants to get a green card while in the United States. Find out more about the process.

Consular Process


Consular processing is the method immigrants use to get their green card when outside the United States or when ineligible to adjust status in the United States. Find out more about the process. Learn More



Certain foreign nationals may not be allowed to enter or obtain status in the United States because they are inadmissible. These foreign nationals may overcome the inadmissibility if they are eligible to apply for and receive a waiver. Learn More

bottom of page